This is an Ohio Gun Owners Action ALERT: Please read this article in its entirety and then urge Speaker Jason Stephens to move HB51 immediately! More on that below.
By now you know all about the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA) and why we need it so badly here in Ohio…
It BLOCKS Joe Biden and the Feds from forcing Ohio law enforcement to enforce federal gun control laws, executive orders or agency “rulings,” like the ATF’s constitution-shredding pistol brace ruling.
House Bill 51 by Representative Mike Loychik is modeled after Missouri’s law which passed in 2021, and for the past several weeks, we’ve been working hard to improve the language of the bill so that it can be as powerful as possible.
Let me explain.
As you may have seen recently, Biden’s Department of InJustice filed suit against the Missouri law because they hate the idea of a sovereign state telling the feds to go pound sand.
So, like all liberal lawyers do, they “judge shopped” their case until they found an Obama-appointee, in this case Missouri Western District Judge Brian Wimes.
The consummate “activist” judge, like clockwork Wimes issued an opinion that the Missouri SAPA law was unconstitutional.
This was widely expected by our sister organization (the Missouri Firearms Coalition) and the Attorney General for the State of Missouri, Andrew Bailey.
In fact, Judge Wimes’ decision to strike down Missouri’s SAPA law was a necessary part of the legal strategy in order to win a bigger victory for SAPA at the higher 8th circuit level, which is a far more conservative court!
And that brings us to where we are right now in Ohio.
You see, Ohio is in a different federal circuit all together – the 6th district.
Because this is a different federal circuit than Missouri, and because the precedent set in the 8th circuit does not apply to Ohio in the 6th circuit, we want the best bill possible passing the Ohio General Assembly.
The fact is, getting SAPA passed in the 8th circuit and then following up with Ohio’s SAPA bill passing in the 6th circuit will send SHOCKWAVES through Washington DC as they watch their federal power get destroyed by the states!
With so much at stake, OGO decided to preemptively address minor issues illustrated in the Wimes decision and make OGO’s SAPA bill the strongest SAPA bill in America.
Today, I’m proud to release OGO’s SAPA bill to our membership for you to read and enjoy for yourself!
[NOTE: You can read the bill for yourself at the bottom of this article or by clicking HERE, and be sure to share this with everyone you know!]
Here are the top 5 things you’ll see.
- As you can see on lines 136-137, we make damn sure that braced pistols are not considered ‘dangerous ordnance’ under Ohio law.
- On lines 549-623, our bill lays out the perfect reasons why this bill is so important. The Federal government has gone too far and has become too tyrannical to trust to protect our freedoms – its time Ohio fills the gap.
- Paragraphs C and D found on lines 642-653 give the bill its teeth. In these lines you’ll read that we are prohibiting any law enforcement officer or official from enforcing, attempting to enforce, or give material aid or support in the implementation of ANY federal gun law, regulation, order, etc.
- Lines 656-709 create a fifty-thousand dollar per-occurrence civil penalty on the law enforcement agency, if one of their officers violates SAPA. Meaning if your rights are violated, you can take that law enforcement agency right into the Common Pleas Court in your County (or the Common Pleas Court in Franklin County) and sue for damages and attorney’s fees.
- Lines 749-754 are critical, because this section makes the bill an emergency measure. This means after it passes the General Assembly by a 3/5 majority vote and signed by the governor, the bill will go into effect immediately. And with the ATF’s enforcement date on pistol braces set to begin on May 31, this is a must!
I hope you enjoyed reading that bill as much as we enjoyed crafting it!
But now that you have, you also know why we are fighting so hard to keep this bill intact and whole as it passes through the General Assembly.
After all, there is a lot on the line for our kids, grandkids, and their grandkids, and time is running out.
That’s why we’re urging you to call the office of the Ohio Speaker of the House, Jason Stephens, and urge him to push House Bill 51, the “Dash 5 version,” through the House Government Oversight Committee immediately!
Contact him here: (614) 466-1366
Like always, there are several attempts underway already to water this bill down, and we must not let that happen.
To be perfectly clear, we know without a doubt that this bill will be challenged in court by Biden’s DOJ within DAYS of becoming law.
We know that.
Because of that, we need to make sure the “Dash 5 version” of HB51 makes it through the Ohio General Assembly clean, without getting gutted or watered down by RINO’s in the legislature.
So please call Speaker Stephens’ office right away and urge him to pass the “Dash 5” version of HB51 (l_135_0575-5) out of the Government Oversight Committee and out of the House quickly.
And if you can, please chip in whatever amount you can afford to help OGO pressure the House to pass the bill and send it to the Ohio Senate.
To put it bluntly, we are running out of time to pass SAPA the nice and pleasant way, and we want OGO to be battle ready to go full-bore pressure tactics at a moment’s notice.
So if you can chip in $100, $50, $20 or any amount, we’d greatly appreciate it.