If you saw Chris’ Monday email, you know that House Bill 51, SAPA law, is up for its next hearing on Tuesday next week.
And it’s a Proponent Hearing, which means that folks like you and me can submit testimony to the committee telling them why they need to pass SAPA right away, and even show up to the committee meeting to testify in person!
If you’ve ever wanted to write your own testimony and submit it to the committee, I’m going to walk you through how to do that below:
- Type your testimony in a Microsoft Word document. This should be addressed to Chairman Peterson and members of the Government Oversight committee, and explain why you support the Second Amendment Preservation Act, House Bill 51.
- Save your Word document to your computer or phone as a PDF. When in Microsoft Word, click on the ‘File’ button in the top left. Click on the ‘Save As’ button, and then click on the drop-down menu where it currently says, ‘Microsoft Document’ and then select ‘PDF’ on the list of options. Make sure you name your document something like, “First Last HB51 Proponent Testimony”, then click the ‘Save’ button.
- Fill out the Witness Information form (Word Doc) HERE or (PDF) HERE. After typing out your information directly into the form, name the file using your name and then make sure to save it to your computer as a PDF (refer to #2 above).
- Attach your documents to your email and get it ready to send. Attach your written testimony document and your completed witness form by clicking the “Insert” button or paperclip icon after creating a new email. Once you’ve done that, make sure you address the committee in the body of your email – telling them that you are submitting testimony in favor of HB51. You also need to tell them if you are just submitting your comments as written-only testimony, or if you plan to attend the committee meeting and deliver your comments directly to the committee. Then, click on the below email address, or copy this email address into the ‘To’ line of your email: [email protected]
- Send your email. When finished, hit the ‘Send’ button!
If you decide to attend the Government Oversight Committee hearing on Tuesday at 1:00PM in Room 121, Chris and I will be there to greet you.
If you can’t, we understand.
After all, we don’t have a billionaire, hate-America gun-control activist like George Soros or Michael Bloomberg funding everything we do, and most people who love America have to work for a living.
So if you cannot make it, we’ll be there to give you all the live updates from the hearing, and what our next steps forward are.
Here at OGO, we are putting MEGA pressure on the General Assembly and the entire committee for SAPA, but we could not do these things without your help and support.
Speaking of hammering the committee, you can also take action by lobbing your volley of pre-written emails into the entire committee right HERE!
We are hammering the politicians every day, but we are also bringing huge numbers of new gun owners and gun rights supporters into this fight to fight alongside of us.
That’s why I’m also asking you to help us keep fighting like hell for our freedoms with a generous contribution today.
Any amount you can afford to give today will be put to the front lines immediately.
But just don’t forget to take action and submit your testimony!